Click on any picture to see it better!

Monday, June 9, 2008

A Very Nice Weekend

A busy, yet relaxing, weekend in North Whitefield. We did a lot of work around the house, including mowing and other yard work. Our lawn actually looks great, and much greener than the above picture. M-S's new garden is coming along nicely:
I went to Reny's on Saturday to get some new polo shirts...you can't go wrong at Reny's. Mom, Dad, and Jim came out last night for dinner. We had bbq'ed chicken with a new rub recipe I wanted to try - the main ingredient is ground coffee. It was ok.

This morning during Burt's walk we happened upon this large turtle laying her eggs. We have lots of bogs, lakes, rivers, and streams around us, and we see these monsters each spring.

Be sure to get out and vote tomorrow.
~MET



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ground coffee huh? hmm. sounds interesting. what else was in it. Or, I'll just stop by your room in 20 minutes and ask. . .

in all seriousness, one of the best marinades I have found is Tequila . . .I dont know why, but it does a wonderful job of flavoring AND tenderizing the meat. Combine it with some olive oil and some crushed up mango, and you've got a good marinade

Anonymous said...

Yard looks good, nice work.

Toss the chicken, cook the turtle. Good stuff and the shell makes a nice serving bowl.

Fab