Click on any picture to see it better!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Election Night Won't be the Same...

I know that everyone has been saturated with tributes to Tim Russert...but being the political junkie that I am - I have to type a few words. I was shocked to hear the news the other day, simply because he was one of those people who you just assumed would always be there. I loved watching him quietly and politely turn the words of his guests against them on Meet the Press. His analysis of the big events in American politics was always outstanding. He and CNN's Bill Schneider were my favorites because you could always tell by their enthusiasm how much they really loved what they were doing. I feel really bad for the person who replaces him on Sundays because he or she will surely fail by comparison, and will only be blazing a trail for someone else to come later. To honor him I'll be rooting for his beloved Buffalo Bills on September 7 when they take on Seattle. Go Bills! So long, Mr. Russert.
~MET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a big fan of Mr. Russert, he was a straight shooter without being a dink. Tough to find these days.

Fab

Michelle Garner said...

Well said, Fab. I really enjoyed eating my breakfast and watching "Meet the Press." He will be missed...

You applying for his job, Thurston?