Click on any picture to see it better!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Off to the District

Tomorrow morning I'm off to DC for the National Education Association's Representative Assembly. I've really been looking forward to this for a while, and I'll take lots of pictures. I'm not bringing my laptop, but I'm hoping to spend July 4 at my brother's place, so I'll try to make a mid-week post from there. Otherwise, I'll write when I get back on the 7th. It should be very interesting and fun. Obama should be speaking also. I'm sure McCain was invited, and I'm sure he had a "prior commitment" that he could not break. Maine is sending a delegation of 43 teachers to blend in with the other 9000 from around the country. I've been partnered with a teacher from Michigan, who I will be exchanging gifts with each of the 4 days of the actual Assembly. You are supposed to give little things that represent your state, and then on the last day you give something a bit more meaningful. I have lobster lollipops, chocolate covered blueberries, one of those small pine-smelly pillows, some note cards, maple syrup, and for the more significant gift a moose-handled coffee mug that Robbie made. Have a great week - talk to you soon.
~MET

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't lie, I'm gonna miss you. First my wife, now you- what is it about DC taking my loved ones from me?

Fab

Anonymous said...

Have fun. See you on the 4th. And maybe the 6th too.