The picture above is of Chris getting his pack ready for the hike of a lifetime. Early Sunday morning he and 3 of his friends were dropped in Monson to backpack the famed 100 Mile Wilderness - the most remote section of the entire Appalachian Trail. It runs from Monson to Abol Bridge, and only crosses a couple of logging roads in the middle of nowhere.
In other words, you have to pack EVERYTHING you need for the 10 day trip. The foursome is actually going 114 miles because they are finishing by climbing Katahdin. I'm very envious, but a little scared in that I won't here from him for so long. I will say that they have been planning for weeks, they have the appropriate equipment, and they are all experienced. I'm sure that right now he's having a great time, and being challenged like never before. I have often wished that I started hiking when I was his age...especially since I am slowing down so significantly in the number of trips I take. Take a quiet moment and wish him luck.~MET

3 comments:
so, if i hear you correctly, there's no "pig's ear brown ale" along the way?
stinky . . .
An admirable undertaking...he's a lucky boy! My thoughts and good wishes are with him and his friends!
As the boys back home would say, "Big nahtz."
We should do it next year Fuzzy- in an off-road RV.
Fab
Post a Comment